Join us for our 28th annual Fall BOW Weekend, a three-day weekend full of great outdoor classes and comraderie, held at Geneva Point Center on Lake Winnipesaukee – September 8-10, 2023!
Participants choose four workshops to take during the weekend. Topics include: fishing, shooting sports, hiking, outdoor cooking, hunting, map and compass, kayaking, ecology and more! The weekend includes all meals and two nights lodging, plus instruction and equipment use.
Important Registration Information
REGISTRATION ONLINE ONLY: Registration and payment for this course will be done online. No mail in applications will be accepted. Participants will select classes on a first-come, first-serve basis. Registration will open on Monday, June 26th at 8:00 a.m.
-REGISTRATION NOW CLOSED-
1. Upon following the link above, you will first need to sign-in or create an account.
All BOW events going forward will register using this platform so please choose a login/password that you will remember.
To sign-in, select the “sign-in” button at the bottom left of the screen. If you need to create a new account you can do so through the “sign-in” button as well.
2. Once signed-in, you should be on the Active Programs page. You’ll see the “Becoming an Outdoors-Woman” section at the top of the page. Select the “View Upcoming Events” button in the upper right of that section.
3. On the following page, click on the event name “Fall Weekend” to be taken to the registration and class selection.
4. Read through the directions on that page, being sure to fill out the “Required Forms & Information” and then click on the blue “Register Now” button in the top right of the page.
5. Once you have chosen your classes and pressed submit selections, you will be directed to a page where you can review your selections.
6. Scroll down to the bottom of that page and click “checkout with Paypal”. Enter your payment information.
7. On the next page, scroll down and click the complete payment button to finish registration.
8. You should receive an email shortly after with a confirmation. As always, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions!
LOCATION: Geneva Point Center is a unique nonprofit conference center and summer camp located on Lake Winnipesaukee. Situated at the foothills of the White Mountains, Geneva Point has nearly one mile of shoreline and 184 acres of wooded land and is just an hour from Concord, one half hours from Manchester and two hours from Portsmouth, Boston and Portland.
CHECK-IN TIME: Please arrive between 9:00–11:00 a.m. on Friday to check in and move into cabins. Welcome begins at 11:15 a.m. followed promptly by lunch at 12 p.m.
FEE: The registration fee of $335.00 per person includes two nights of lodging, seven meals, instruction in all sessions, program materials, and use of equipment.
HOUSING: All lodging will be in rustic summer camp-style cabins that sleep 2-4 people. Each cabin has its own cold water toilet and sink, and hot showers are available in the nearby shower house. Each participant will be provided a bottom bunk. Participants must provide their own sleeping bag or linens and a pillow. Participants will be staying at the Dock Road, College Row, Pasture Line & Chapel Line cabins. For further information and pictures, please check out the following link: https://www.genevapoint.org/housing
EQUIPMENT: Gear for all courses will be provided, unless stated otherwise. If you choose to bring your own items (fishing rod, camera, snorkel etc.) you will be responsible for keeping track of them and bringing them to class. Please leave personal firearms at home.
SESSIONS: Each session will be 3 hours, there will be ample travel time between classes and meals to navigate the campus. Meals will be served in the dining hall. Optional evening activities both nights will be provided.
CLOTHING: Fall BOW, will take place in all weather conditions. Please bring layers, clothing that can get wet (if participating in on-the-water classes) and rain gear as well as sturdy footwear.
BOW MERCHANDISE: Some BOW merchandise will be available for purchase a the weekend but the majority of our T-shirts, hats, and embroidered clothing will be online for purchase through our squad locker store! Cash, checks, and credit cards accepted.
RAFFLE: Saturday night we will hold our annual Fall BOW raffle drawing. You will have the opportunity to purchase raffle tickets for $1 each or 25 for $20, and view the items throughout the weekend. You could win outdoor gear, sportsman equipment and other great prizes! Cash, checks, and credit cards accepted.
INCLEMENT WEATHER: Fall BOW Weekend is a rain or shine event.
QUESTIONS: Send us a message at email@example.com.